Monday, November 14, 2011

Countdown to Thanksgiving!

       Thanksgiving is officially only 10 days away.  I have decided to kick off Turkey Day by writing about the top ten things I am thankful for.  When I was in high school, I was challenged to write down three things everyday that I am thankful for.  I was really good and wrote for over a year.  I still have the book and sometimes look at it.  A lot of the things in there were about my friends, my family and God.  As I have been thinking about this, I realize not too much has changed, except maybe a deeper appreciation for each one of those things.


The number 10 thing I am thankful for is...
       Air Conditioning and Heating.  Although it might seem simplistic, I am so grateful for these things.  My husband and I bought a HUD home this year and we were looking at it in the dead of winter.  HUD homes do not have heat, water, air conditioning, or electricity turned on.  We spent quite a few hours walking through the home with family and inspectors and because of this, we obtained a greater appreciation for HEAT!  I am also thankful for air conditioning especially in the desert of Utah where I live.  These things must have been inspired by a higher authority and I am so grateful to live in a time when they are available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment