Thursday, November 17, 2011

The number 7 thing I am thankful for...

       Houses.  I am so grateful for shelter.  I have been camping before and it is fun and all, but I am so grateful when I can come home and take a hot shower, wash my clothes in an automatic washing machine, and sleep in my very comfortable bed! 
       In 2009, my husband was transferred from Logan, Utah to Taylorsville, Utah.  We packed up our house and put it up on the market and moved in with my husband's grandmother.  We lived with her for six months.  It was a hard time for me.  We had always owned our own house and I was used to do doing things my own way.  I was grateful for grandma for letting us stay especially with a young baby and two rambunctious dogs, but I longed for my own home again. 
       After those six months we moved into my parents basement.  We were grateful again to have a place to live as we were still trying to sell our home and we did not want to pay a mortgage and rent too.  We were ecstatic when our home finally sold after almost a year on the market!  We were so grateful for our family for enduring us for so long and even more thankful we could live in our home again. 
       Now when I think about the housework, remodeling, painting, yard work and many more things I am responsible for, I am ever grateful for the opportunity I have to own my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment